There’s good news and there’s bad news. Several new devices are offering HomeKit support while Stringify users scramble for alternative automation solutions. Journalist Jennifer Pattison Tuohy joins us to catch up on what is arguably a mixed bag of smart home updates.
Listen to the episode here or download it.
You’ll also find the show in…
- Stringify Surprises No One by Announcing Imminent Shutdown
- Yonomi is rolling out the welcome wagon
- August halts shipping of View doorbell camera, offers customers refunds
- Wyze Sense Smart Home Kit Now Shipping
- Amazon Key delivery now live in select cities
- Lutron fan control is now available with HomeKit support
- Ring Alarm is now a Smart Home Hub sensors work with Alexa
- Ring update adds Linked Devices
- Ring Security Lighting delayed until May 15
- IKEA’s smart blinds delayed until later this year
- Trådfri Outlets are now fully supported within HomeKit
- Fibaro devices are now compatible with SmartThings
- Third-party Insteon Device Handlers for SmartThings
Home: On is listed at Technology.FM, a curated collection of technology podcasts, including great shows like The Smart Kitchen Show and The HomeTech Podcast.
If you’re interested in any of the products mentioned in this show, consider using our affiliate links, below, to view or purchase them on Amazon.com. Don’t worry…nobody’s getting rich off of this; but it does help us keep the lights on (so to speak) at The DMZ.
Please inquire about sponsorship opportunities at [email protected]
The post Home: On #119 – Mixed News, with Jennifer Pattison Tuohy appeared first on The Digital Media Zone.