Boston Cream Pie Fun Facts
The internet is full of fabulous facts about everything from current events to the history basket weaving and Boston cream pie fun facts. As we research for our daily content on food trucks, food carts and street food, we stumble upon some items of knowledge that we just did not know.
We have decided when these fun facts pop up, that we would share them with our readers in our section titled “Did You Know?”
For today’s Did You Know will look at Boston Cream pie fun facts.
Boston Cream Pie Fun Facts. This pudding and cake combination comprises two layers of sponge cake filled with vanilla flavored custard or crème pâtissière. The cake is topped with a chocolate glaze (such as ganache) and sometimes powdered sugar or a cherry.
- The Boston Cream Pie was created by Armenian-French chef M. Sanzian at Boston’s Parker House Hotel in 1856.
- Although it is called a Boston cream pie, it is in fact a cake, and not a pie.
- A Boston cream doughnut is a name for a Berliner filled with vanilla custard or crème pâtissière and topped with icing made from chocolate.
- The Boston cream doughnut was designated the official doughnut of Massachusetts in 2003.
- The Boston Cream Pie was proclaimed the official Massachusetts State Dessert on December 12, 1996.
- The world’s largest Boston Cream Pie was created in 2010 by culinary students at Southern New Hampshire University. The pastry measured 10 ft wide 1½ ft high and weighted over 1 ton.
- October 23rd is Boston Cream Pie Day.
Fun Facts We Missed
Feel free to let us know if we missed any Boston cream pie fun facts in the comment section or our food truck forum. If we can verify the facts we will give the reader credit in the article.
Reference: Wikipedia: Fun Facts about Boston Cream.
Find all of the National Food Holidays to spice up your food truck menu specials throughout the year.